HOW TO GET RID OF YOUR FUEL CONSUMPTION WOES WITH SOME QUICK TIPS
BANGALORE : Owning is car today is perceived more as a necessity than a luxury. Be it a family outing or zipping your way to work or
Managing an emergency, a car is always considered as bliss. But in a country obsessed with mileage, constant revision of fuel prices has always created a sense of dilemma among car owners. While owning a car is a necessity for some and a luxury for others, everyone is grappling with the skyrocketing fuel prices. Everybody wants to know the trick of milking every drop of fuel. Here are a few simple methods enlisted by Mahindra First Choice Services that can help you save up to 20-30% of fuel.
- Avoid frequent use of brake as it consumes more fuel. Also form a smooth driving habit wherein you avoid harsh acceleration.
- Driving with the foot on the clutch tends to consume more fuel and lead to the wear and tear of the clutch
- Avoid speed variations by maintaining a constant speed not exceeding 60 – 70 kmph depending upon your car
- Switch of the engine if you have a long waiting time in your car
- Avoid use of the car for short trips as such trips makes your engine operate at a cold temperature
- Choosing the right gear is very crucial. Shifting to a higher gear at a lower speed and vice versa leads to more fuel consumption
- Keep a constant check on tyre pressures. It is important to maintain the minimum levels as recommended by the manufacturers. You can also increase the tire pressure by 2 psi while driving on smooth roads.
- Avoid loading your car with unnecessary weight in the form of luggage or cargo. The more the weight, the more work for your engine.
- Regular cleansing of air filter, fuel filter and spark plugs is important to attain fuel efficiency.
- You can also add recommended fuel additives that keep your fuel system clean
- Please use recommended grade of engine oil for better fuel efficiency and longer enginelife